There is a multitude of undesired behaviors that may require special attention. Please be prepared that I may ask you to schedule an appointment with your veterinarian if a medical diagnosis is required. To name just a few:
- Fear based aggression/reactivity (dog-dog, dog-human)
- Accepting strangers in your home
- Greeting strangers on a walk
- Being able to walk calmly by other people and dogs
- General fears and insecurity
- Separation anxiety
- Submissive or excited wetting, etc, etc, etc.
- If you are unhappy with our services, you have up to 24 hours from the time of the first session to ask for a refund of the remaining sessions minus processing fees. It will take up to 10 calendar days to refund your card or date your refund check from the time of your request. After 25 hours, all fees are non-refundable.
- It will take up to 10 calendar days to refund your card or date your refund check from the time of your request. After 25 hours, all fees are non-refundable.
- If you schedule an appointment and need to cancel or reschedule less than 24 hours prior to the session, you will be fully charged for that session.
- Package expires after 6 months, and unused sessions will be forfeited.
Prior To Our Session
We will have a brief phone conversation during which I will gather as much critical information as possible allowing me to come fully prepared for our first visit. It is important for me to have access to as many details as possible about the problem behavior as well as the dog’s everyday environment, household arrangement, history prior to becoming a part of your family, any medical conditions that may require the training plan to be adjusted, etc. It is always beneficial if you keep a detailed journal of what happens before, during and after the unwanted behavior.
For severe aggression cases, I will ask for a video of the unwanted behavior.
During Our Training Session
On average, 90% of aggression is fear-related and is due to dogs' inability to control their environment without reactivity. They just do not know any other way and the more they react with aggression, the more comfortable they feel doing so. Aggression is like a sport. The more you practice, the better you get. If we only teach the dog to suppress the reaction (do not bark, do not lunge), we are just using a BandAid. It can work for a while, but once the dog has had enough, the aggression may come out in double the strength. Instead, we have to adjust dog’s emotional attitude towards the trigger. I use classical counter-conditioning to change the dog's emotional response. It is a slower process than using force but it much more reliable in the long term. I caution again the use of e-collars (shock collars) for behavior modification because they only stifle the issue without making the dog feel better.
Duration and Frequency
My package includes 5 (five) sessions that are 1.5 hours each. For the most part, we meet every 2-3 weeks. During these sessions, you will learn all the necessary steps in changing your dog's behavior. My clients almost never request any additional sessions.
At least in the beginning, it is best to have working sessions in your home. This will enable me to observe your dogs in their daily “habitat”. When needed we will go to different high traffic areas to practice around other dogs and people.
The cost of 5 (five) 1.5 hour sessions is $450. I do not charge per dog in multi-dog households. I charge per session.
The cost of 3 (three) 1.5 hour sessions is $270. I work prepaid and take payments via PayPal.
The amount of information you will receive in 3 sessions will be almost the same as in 5 sessions. The difference is in the number of chances you get to practice under my supervision. 5 sessions allow for a more leisurely speed of the training program.
I offer 10% senior citizen, military and teacher (both current or retired) discount.