Welcome to Understanding Our Dogs LLC!
PROGRAMS FOR VETERINARIANS
WHY GRADUATES OF THE KAREN PRYOR ACADEMY FOR ANIMAL TRAINING AND BEHAVIOR?
Running my own business taught me that every association I make directly reflects on my reputation. That is why I know that deciding to collaborate with a specific trainer is a very big decision for a veterinarian.
Below is a statement from the Karen Pryor Academy for Animal Training and Behavior (educational institution, not to be confused with a chain operation).
“Karen Pryor Academy provides veterinarians with a reliable, quality controlled nationwide network of dog trainers who teach and train using exclusively positive reinforcement principles. KPA Certified Training Partners maintain high client service standards and have the ‘know how’ to build productive partnerships with veterinarians.”
KPA certification is currently the only one in the U.S. that can be revoked due to unethical behavior or use of positive punishment techniques.
MY DUTIES AS A TRAINER
I will NOT:
- Prognose or diagnose
- Discuss medications
- Give health or diet advice
- Assess the behavior and provide a copy of the training plan to the veterinarian if diagnosis is not required
- Assess the behavior and refer to the veterinarian if a diagnosis is required
- Assist the client in applying the veterinarian’s treatment plan from the training standpoint
- Training Report will be faxed to your clinic after each session with a client.
To add value to our collaboration, I will be more than happy to provide free-of-charge:
1. Mini-seminars for your clients and public:
- Kids' safety around dogs Targeting kids as audience
- What is your dog telling you? Canine body language, stress signals, mixed signals
- How to raise a puppy? Critical steps in puppy's development, what to do, how to prepare
- Are you planning to add a new dog to your family? Understanding breeds, breed groups, self-evaluation of client's lifestyle, rescue dog needs, and most importantly how to interview a breeder
2. “Love Your Vet” class is also called "husbandry" class.The purpose of this class is to reduce potential stress for a dog in a veterinary clinic environment. We teach dogs to get on the scale, stand still for exam, blood draw, teeth, and ear examination, etc.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU AND YOUR STAFF AT A LUNCH AND LEARN SESSION
Read Our Reviews
Experienced Professional Dog Trainer
5 stars -★★★★★ - based on 39 reviewsHome
Copyright 2015. Understanding Our Dogs LLC - Dog Training. All Rights Reserved.